Gifts of Finance
As we grow toward maturity in Christ, we not only give more of our time and talents, we also offer gifts of our financial resources to God. The Bible tells us that God has blessed us in order that we might be a blessing to others.
“Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.” 2 Corinthians 9:10-11
When our use of financial resources arises from a spiritual discipline rather than a financial discipline, gifts to the church take a whole new meaning. We no longer give out of duty or obligation, but rather we give out of grateful hearts because we realize that we have received so much from God. We encourage you to give not because the church needs you to give, but instead so that God can open the doors of Heaven and bless you abundantly.
“Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.” 2 Corinthians 9:7
LakeRidge UMC Funds
Prayerfully consider how your gifts to the church would best reflect your gratitude, your faith, and the faithfulness of God. All undesignated gifts to the church are placed where needed each month.
- Operating Fund is the lifeblood of the ministries and outreach of our church. It provides for spiritual class materials, children and youth activities, music supplies, special programs, staff salaries, utilities, etc. Approximately 17 percent of the LakeRidge UMC operating budget goes for Shared Ministries to the United Methodist Church to carry on its ministry beyond the local church.
- Building Fund is a designated account that holds financial gifts entrusted to the church and overseen by our committee of Trustees for use in repairing the facilities and replacement of equipment that goes beyond normal budget allocations. Other considerations include proposed additional Sunday School rooms for elementary children, additional space for new adult classes and the elimination of existing debt.
- Mission Fund is administered by the LakeRidge UMC Mission Ministry Team, and full funds go to support local, national and mission outreach in the name of Jesus. Historically, this fund has supported ministries to homeless persons, those experiencing food instability, missionaries in developing countries, and many other worthy ministries.
- Faith Promises are used to support our mission fund. A Faith Promise is made after asking God how much he will provide for us to give specifically to mission work. These funds come from unexpected income such as a refund, an inheritance, or an opportunity to make extra money. When God supplies this “extra” income we pass it on to our church designated as “Faith Promise” as a way to share our blessings.
- Good Samaritan Fund is used to provide food vouchers, clothing and emergency assistance for persons who are experiencing a difficult time financially. Both church members and people in the community have received special assistance from this fund. All applicants are screened to verify their need and a team of church members administer this fund and conduct the interviews with those requesting assistance.
- Change for Children is an initiative of our Break the Cycle of Poverty for Middle School Students. Currently we provide financial resources to all Middle Schools in the Lubbock area to ensure that no student goes hungry at lunch time. We also fill backpacks for students in several of the schools to provide food for the weekend.
- Legacy Fund is LakeRidge UMC’s permanent endowment fund. Proceeds are distributed each year to support mission work. At least 10 percent of the proceeds go to mission work outside of the United States. This fund also provides scholarship for LakeRidge UMC members attending seminary.
- Traditional Giving | Gifts by check or cash can be made Sunday mornings, in person during church office hours, or by mail to 4701 82nd St., Lubbock, Texas 79424.
- Online Giving | Gifts can be made online by check, debit or credit card. Click here for our Online Giving site.
- ACH/Bank Transfer | One-time or recurring gifts can also be arranged by contacting the church office at 806.794.4015.
- Kiosks | Located in the foyer outside the Sanctuary and the LakeRidge Praise worship areas – to make gifts by credit or debit cards.
- Text Giving | 806-412-0424 – For more information, click here.
- Giving App | Using iOS or Android devices – For more information, click here.