Dear LakeRidge Church Family,
Sunday March 29th:
In accordance with the order issued by Mayor Dan Pope, LRUMC offices will be closed through Friday, April 3rd. All staff have been ordered to stay home so no one will be available at the church to serve your needs during this week. If you need to reach anyone on staff, please email them and they will get back with you as soon as possible. If you have prayer requests, please click on the Care link and scroll about half way down the page to find the form. God Bless you during these uncertain times!
As we continue to monitor the coronavirus outbreak in the United States, it has become clear that LakeRidge will need to move to online worship services beginning this Sunday, March 22. Obviously, this is not our desire but in light of current information from local, state, and federal health officials we believe it is in the best interest of everyone. While there are still no confirmed cases in Lubbock County, President Trump, Governor Abbott, and Lubbock Mayor Dan Pope are calling all citizens to practice social distancing as the most effective method of slowing the spread of the virus. Social distancing results in “flattening of the curve” and protects the most vulnerable persons. We believe to ignore these recommendations would be irresponsible and reckless.
Therefore, we will be suspending all church activities during the week until further notice. The church office will remain open during regular hours. Staff will be working on resourcing our members with opportunities to worship at home.
- Sunday morning worship service will be live streamed on Facebook at 9:15 AM. Pastor Brian will be online to answer questions.
- For those without Facebook, a link to the service will be emailed Sunday afternoon.
- We encourage families to sit down together and engage in worship just as if they were in our building.
- Families with children will be emailed suggested activities and lessons.
- Adult members will be sent devotional resources for each Sunday to replace our Sunday School and spiritual growth opportunities.
- Tithes and offerings can be made HERE.
- Call the office at 806-794-4015 if we can be of any assistance to you.
- Prayer requests can be made HERE (scroll down to the middle of the page).
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.”
2 Timothy 1:7
For further updates please check your email, Facebook and Instagram (@LRUMC), and LakeRidge’s website (lakeridgeumc.org).
God’s best to you,
Pastor Lyndol Loyd and
Pastor Brian Brownlow